Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I'm Lovin' It! :)


So being back on the mats competing is probably the best feeling I’ve ever had in my life. I didn't win any of my matches but you know what? that doesn’t matter at all to me at this point in the game. It was a great experience and I'd like to thank all of those involved: my coaches for helping me train prior to the competition (a special shout out the Hammer for coaching me while I was on the mats), my dad for being a great motivator prior to and at the comp, my roommates for filming me and cheering me on, my opponents for giving someone to compete against, and finally but certainly not the least, all my teammates that helped me get ready for it :)

Long story short, though I didn’t win I feel that I performed quite well. In fact there are some aspects of my matched that I believe I did better at this time around than at any other tournament I have been in. This being my first blue belt tournament and my first tournament in over 2 years, I’m proud of myself for simply stepping onto the mat.

Basically I just wanted to give a quick update and I promise a more detailed one (with video and all) will be going up within the next couple of days. I will also give a full list of the Academy’s results.

The next post will be the best and most exciting yet so keep your eyes peeled.

Until then,

Train Safe. Train Smart. Train Hard.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I like this post! I'm proud of you too! And I'm happy that I got a shout-out hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes this is nice post. I like bjj. I have nice rashgaurd. Check Black Monkey Nowfor your rashgaurd

    ReplyDelete