Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Little Bit of Everything...

So much to catch up on. I hate school. It always seems to distract me from writing.
Personal update. Second day out of the sling. Gonna go attempt to set up my physio for next year but I have a feeling I won’t be able to even do that until next year... doctor’ s receptionists need to learn to pick up the phone and/or respond to messages left multiple times on their phone. However, I finally got the requisition. It says I can start jogging now but I don’t really want to do anything until I talk to someone about it... that won’t be until January. I have put on SO MUCH weight ‘cause I haven’t gotten off my fat ass. Kind of sucky and I’m not feeling too great about. Soon enough, soon enough; that’s all I can say.
Team updates. A lot. Lol. The team went to the Ontario Provincials (OJA26/27NOV2011) BJJ tourney. We came back with, if I counted correctly, 66 medals. The girls cleaned up their respective divs. My Kanata home girl Steph Typhair walked out with 3 gold and 1 silver (the three gold from div and 1 absolute, the silver from the other absolute). Shout out to Mateo, Jack, Cole and Stan for their performance too. Gotta love my Kanata family J Derek, even though he was competing a weight class up due to his MMA bout he still managed to come out on top along with Joel.  Biggest shout-out out goes to my little buddy Amari. He’s one of the kiddies that trains at OAMA and has been doing privates with both Nick and Hammer and is really dedicated despite his age. He brought home gold in his division too. It’s such a huge accomplishment I couldn’t let it go without mentioning it; so proud. Also, Throwdown Gatineau (RECPromotions02DEC2011) just passed we went 4-1. Everyone fought well, or so I heard I didn’t get to go because my bus never showed up, it was too late to find a ride and I didn’t have the money to grab a cab. Blah! I will not miss the next one though so I will have a better update for you. Finally, BJJ promotions were last night. Seventeen blue belts, 1 purple and 1 brown! So exciting. So much hard work goes into each of those belts, again I ended up missing this too this time due to final exams... grr! I’m not going to go through everyone but shout out to Anne for her purple and Fred for his Brown. And I’d also like to give a shout-out to my Kanata crew (not that everyone else doesn’t count :P but I helped them achieve this so I feel a little closer to it) Cole, Jack, Dave, Jeff, Jordan, Greg and Tristan!
Not sure if there is really anything else to say. I should be back doing Thai by middle of February, or so I hope. Once physio starts I’ll update you guys on that but until then...
Train Safe. Train Smart. Train Hard.
Jerrica

No comments:

Post a Comment